Vardan Tadevosyan. Please click here to donate to the for the Lady Cox Rehabilitation Centre -
|© 2017 HART Copyright!|
Vardan has also proved innovative in breaking many of the entrenched Soviet taboos. While children with physical or mental handicaps have often been segregated, his nursery embraces children with and without disabilities who serve as path-breaking examples of integration. He has also broken the Soviet prejudice against employment of people with disabilities, initially employing, for example, a blind psychologist for telephone counselling.
Fantastic Achievements -
- The Centre continues to provide care for 1000 patients annually and has increased the number of staff to 60.
- An additional 450 patients are treated by regional specialists who can provide care locally without the need to travel to Stepanakert.
- A new department for the treatment of patients with autism aged two to sixteen has opened this year. The children receive high-quality care with a ratio of one staff member per two patients.
- A new bus accessible for people with disabilities to transport patients for therapeutic and recreational activities.
- The care provided by the Centre also helps to reduce the legacy of stigma associated with people with disabilities.
This Centre of Excellence needs YOU!
The Centre has reached its full capacity. Although the Centre currently cares for 1000 patients annually, this represents only 10% of those in Nagorno-Karabakh who actually have need of the therapies. The centre needs your help to -
- The expansion of regional nurse specialists who are able to care for additional patients in other areas of Nagorno-Karabakh increases the numbers receiving care. However Vardan is ambitious to reach more people in need.
- With more funding, Vardan would like to open an additional Centre on the outskirts of Stepanakert where patients would be able to benefit from more outdoor space and activities. Another aim of the new Centre would be to provide basic training for more families of people with disabilities so that care could be given at home.
Although the Government of Nagorno-Karabakh now provides the main funding for the Centre. HART’s support contributes towards staff costs and the wider availability of drugs and therapies. With your help this fanatstic centre can exspand and every penny you donate will make significant measurable positive impact on the lives of those in need.
You can donate here to HART, by clicking on this link you will be redirected to the secure PayPal website where you can donate safely. All donations through this button will be restricted to the Lady Cox Rehabilitation Centre !